Start with Handgun, 255 Rounds and 12 Rations
Enter 21211 1121G Z1111 11111 1Z1CW as your password.
View Ending and Credits
Enter WZRJZ QZZZD UJ510 UIQZZ NZRZE as your password.
Start with All 8 Key Cards
Enter 21111 1Z211 11111 11111 111ZB as your password.
All Weapons and Items
Enter 21Z1C GZZZG UOOOU UYRZZ NTOZ3 or 5XZ1C GZZZG UOOOU UYRZZ NTOZ3 or 5ZZZZ ZZZZJ ZOOOZ UYRZZ CZZZX as your password.
Final Boss Code with Weapons
Enter ELLEN DIANE JENNI FERBI GBOSS as your password to start at the end of the game to fight the final Boss. You will have a few weapons, including a rocket launcher.
When a pit opens, press Select, then A to display the transceiver screen. Press Select again to resume the game and the pit will now be closed.
If there is an item missing from the room it is supposed to be in, call Jessica on your radio (code YO J YO J) and request access to the room. In some cases, the item will appear there again.
Passwords (PAL Version)
|Password 1||GJDBB BGHNN NRBVW KMZ12 YYY69|
|Password 2||GJDB7 BLHNN KRBVW KBP12 YNY6★|
Passwords (NTSC Version)
|First Compound||31111 11211 11111 11111 11114|
|Inside compound; looking for Grey Fox and Metal Gear||21J12 14J13 16641 11116 41112|
|East elevator, building 1, looking for remote-controlled missiles||4ARBJ KJZ46 W6E15 E14S6 NK1KK|
|Outside building 1, looking for the compass||5ZRZJ KZZBB H4E1C M1ISB N6NTL|
|Outside building 1, looking for Dr. Petrowitch||5ZZZJ KZZJA 3006U UYRTZ N6NVL|
|Outside building 1, final mission||5ZZZZ 0ZZZG E00LY UYQZZ NPNR6|
|Jail||3LLLL LLLLL LLLLL LLLLL LLLLL|
|Before Final Computer Room, Boss Dead||Y1111 11211 11111 11111 11114|
|Move right to end the game||WZRJZ QZZZD UJ510 UIQZZ NZRZE|
|End||T1111 11611 11111 11111 11116|
This is the first password that I ever began to crack, but never got very far because I got stuck in the game and couldn’t make much progress. I recently started the game from scratch and finished cracking the password.
- There are 25 characters and a character set consisting of 32 characters. See the end of the file for the character set. The value of the first character is your rank (1..5). Your rank also determines your starting position.
- The value of the second character is a 5-bit binary value; each of the 5 bits represents a boss. A bit 1 means the boss has been defeated; a bit 0 means the boss is undefeated. The five bits represent, from MSB to LSB (Most Significant Bit to Least Significant Bit), the Steam Roller, the Tank, the Shotgunner, the Twin Snipers, and the Machinegun Kid.
- The value of the third character is also a 5-bit binary value; each of the 5 bits representing a weapon. A bit 1 means the weapon will appear in your weapons menu; a bit 0 means it will not appear. The five bits represent, from MSB to LSB, the Machine Gun, Missiles, Plastic Explosives, Land Mines, and the Hand Gun.
- The values of characters 4..6 are 5-bit binary values as well; each of the 5 bits representing a hostage. A bit 1 means the hostage has been rescued and a bit 0 means that he has not been rescued.
- The value of the seventh character is also a 5-bit binary value, each of the 5 bits representing a card key. A bit 1 means that the card key has been obtained; a bit 0 means that it has not. The MSB represents Card Key #5, the LSB represents Card Key #1, and the other three are in order.
- The value of the eighth character is a 5-bit binary value as well; each of the 5 bits representing an item. A bit 1 means that you have obtained the item; a bit 0 means that you have not. The five bits represent, from MSB to LSB, the Bomb Blast Suit, Cardboard, Binoculars, Gas Mask, and Cigarettes. The ninth character is the same as the eighth character, but the five items represented are, from MSB to LSB, the Flashlight, the Antidote, the Antenna, Armour, and the Mine Detector.
- The value of the tenth character MOD 16 is the number of rations in your inventory. I have not determined what the MSB is for, but I assume it is a hostage.
- The value of the eleventh character is your Hand Gun ammunition. You can have up to 255 shots, which is an 8-bit binary value. This character represents the 5 LSBs. The 3 MSBs are represented elsewhere.
- The value of the twelfth character is the number of Land Mines. The value of the thirteenth character is the number of Plastic Explosives. The value of the fourteenth character is the number of Missiles. You cannot have more than 20 of any, or your password will not work.
- The value of the fifteenth character is your Machine Gun ammunition. The value of the sixteenth character is your Grenades. Like the Hand Gun, you can have up to 255 Machine Gun rounds and 127 Grenades. These characters represent the 5 LSBs. The MSBs are represented elsewhere.
- The value of the seventeenth character is the number of Rockets. You cannot have more than 20.
- The 2 MSBs of the value of the eighteenth character are the 2 MSBs of the number of Grenades. The 3 LSBs are the 3 MSBs of the number of Machine Gun rounds.
- The 3 MSBs of the value of the nineteenth character are more hostages. The fourth bit represents an item, the Uniform, and the fifth bit represents another item, the Goggles.
- The value of the twentieth character is another 5-bit binary value; each of the 5 bits representing an item. A bit 1 means that you have obtained the item; a bit 0 means that you have not. The five bits represent, from MSB to LSB, the Oxygen Tank, the Compass, the Silencer, the Rocket Launcher, and the Grenade Launcher.
- The MSB of the value of the twenty-first character means that you have been captured. The four LSBs are more hostages.
- The 2 MSBs of the value of the twenty-second character represent the second and third MSBs of the number of Hand Gun ammunition. The 3 LSBs are more hostages.
- The 2 MSBs of the value of the twenty-third character represent two items. The MSB is the Iron Glove, and the second MSB is the Transmitter. The 3 LSBs are still more hostages.
- The MSB of the value of the twenty-fourth character means that you have recovered all of your weapons and items after being captured. The second MSB represents the MSB of your Hand Gun ammunition. The 3 LSBs represent Card Keys #6..8; Card Key #6 being the LSB and so on in that order.
- The last character is the checksum. Its value must be (the total values of the other characters MOD 32)+ 7.
Here is the character set and the values representing each character.
‘1’= 0, ‘2’= 1, ‘3’= 2, ‘4’= 3, ‘5’= 4, ‘6’= 5, ‘A’= 6, ‘B’= 7,
‘C’= 8, ‘D’= 9, ‘E’= 10, ‘F’= 11, ‘G’= 12, ‘H’= 13, ‘I’= 14, ‘J’= 15
‘K’= 16, ‘L’= 17, ‘M’= 18, ‘N’= 19, ‘O’= 20, ‘P’= 21, ‘Q’= 22, ‘R’= 23
‘S’= 24, ‘T’= 25, ‘U’= 26, ‘V’= 27, ‘W’= 28, ‘X’= 29, ‘Y’= 30, ‘Z’= 31
Contributed by: Mike Hayes
Pro Action Replay Codes
|Infinite Energy||0000 6D05|
Game Genie Codes
|Immune to bullets||SZUYPZVG|
|Immune to most enemy bare-hand attacks||SXVTXZVG|
|Start with energy boost||XZVSAYVZ + PAVSPNTT + AEKSZYIE|
|Start with larger energy boost||XZVSAYVZ + PAVSPNTT + GEKSZYIE|
|Start in unknown location 1||ZASILYPA|
|Start in unknown location 2||GASILYPA|
Hint: Lower maze solution
To complete the lower maze, move left, left, upper left, then left.
Hint: Upper maze solution
To compete the upper maze, move lower left, lower left, up, then lower left.
Hint: Disable Super computer timer
To disable the super computer timer, move up towards the top in room with the flashing floor before the computer room. Upon entering the next room, move right and exit downwards. If done correctly, you should enter the room with the final Boss, but the super computer timer will be absent.
Hint: Reset Countdown timer
To reset the countdown timer, use the cigarettes at the end of the game when your character is trying to escape. The countdown timer will reset after the cigarettes have been smoked.